Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
1 ¾ cups water
¾ cup quinoa, uncooked
¾ tsp sea salt, divided
1 apple, cored and finely chopped (place in orange juice for 10 minutes to keep fresh)
½ cup blueberries
⅓ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
⅓ cup fresh mint, finely chopped
⅓ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
⅓ cup fresh scallions, green and white parts, finely chopped
¼ cup slivered almonds
8 oz frozen grilled chicken breast strips (like Nature Raised), warmed in the microwave
2 cups baby spinach
½ cup orange juice
¼ tsp black pepper
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Add water to medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Rinse quinoa in a strainer, drain well, and place grain in saucepan. Add ¼ tsp salt, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until quinoa is almost tender. Remove from heat and let sit covered, for about 10 minutes. Using a fork, fluff quinoa, and transfer it to a medium to large mixing bowl.
- After quinoa is at room temperature, add apple, blueberries, cilantro, mint, parsley, scallions, almonds, and chicken. Mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice with remaining ½ tsp salt until it dissolves. Add pepper, then whisk in oil.
- Add spinach to quinoa mixture. Drizzle with dressing immediately before serving.
Calories: 414 Carbs: 48 g
Fat: 20 g Protein: 13 g
Sodium: 240 mg
Inside the Clear Skin from Within Cookbook is all the information you need for skin-safe eating. Read the recipes from start to finish. Savor the meal plans. Discover new and creative ways to prepare and combine ingredients and wake up your taste buds. What will you try first?
There’s so much to choose! Like luscious Blueberry Oatmeal Bake or Strawberry Coconut Avocado Toast for breakfast. Cashew Butter Cacao No Bake Bites when your tummy rumbles. The Sweetheart Smoothie Bowl with raspberries? Heaven! And the Asian Chicken Salad-in-a-Jar with sesame ginger dressing and mandarin orange? My personal favorite.
- 14-days of acne-safe meal plans, recipes and shopping list
- Acne-safe salt tables
- Acne-safe, dairy-free options and taste profiles
There’s much, much more! It’s time to drink up all the fun possibilities so you can: Start clearing your acne for good. Feel healthier, lighter and more energized. Eat your way to glowing skin.With so many simple, delicious, innovative ways to replace acne-triggering foods, you’ll feel happy and satisfied with every bite and every meal. Enjoy! And watch your skin begin glowing up from the inside out.