Dermatologists are typically the first call when someone has acne. They tend to prescribe a “one size fits all” regimen of oral antibiotics, topical prescription creams such as Retin-A (which contains pore clogging inactive ingredients), Benzyl Peroxide and topical antibiotics. When this approach ends up failing a few months later, the doctor will then prescribe a round of new antibiotics and then another until they come to a point where nothing is working and the last resort is Accutane (i.e. isotretinoin). Not only do these prescriptions fail to cure the acne they also cause health-depleting side effects such as constipation, diarrhea, liver damage, depression and much more.
In addition, dermatologists just do not have the time it requires to really get to you know you, and create a customized course of treatment to clear your acne. While they mean well, the amount of time allotted to each of their patients just doesn’t allow for a more personalized or “whole person” approach to your care.
When you work with me and the Natural Acne Clinic, we will spend up to an hour together at your first consultation (either in person or on the phone) so we can get to know you and hear your story. The truth is, if there were only one specific thing in your life that was triggering your acne it would be easy to get clear. But, acne manifests in many different ways in different people so it is imperative that we get to know you as an individual, not as just another patient that needs a cream and a pill.
Successfully treating acne without prescriptions is our mission. Join us at our Denver area clinic where our acne specialists treat hundreds of acne suffers every year. This is how we do things differently:
- We give our clients a strict home care and treatment plan to follow with detailed written instruction so they know what is expected of them.
- We educate our clients on the lifestyle habits and choices that aggravate acne- food, birth control pills (yes, they do not always help acne), prescriptions and comedogenic (pore-clogging) ingredients that can make acne worse.
- We assign a home care regimen according to type, the severity of acne and skin tolerance. Not a “one size fits all” approach.
- We use formulations with potent active ingredients and non-pore clogging inactive ingredients. We start slowly so the skin will not get irritated in the beginning and get more aggressive as the skin adapts.
- We coach our clients on the next steps in their home care every two weeks. During the bi-weekly acne treatment appointment, we adjust the frequency of usage of their home care products, not allowing the skin to adapt to any regimen.
If you’ve been disappointed by the medical communities’ attempt(s) to get your skin clear, consider having an Acne Specialist at Natural Acne Clinic help you to get rid of your acne.
Not in the Denver, CO area? Learn about our Online Acne Program.