Clove Hill Mandelic Acid Serum 11% Description
This high-tech, Alpha Hydroxy Acid serum resurfaces acne-prone, inflamed and dull skin. L- Mandelic Acid is a multifunctional Alpha Hydroxy Acid that works to reduce redness and inflammation caused by acne and rosacea. It also works well to improve the appearance of fine lines and sun-related pigmentation. Mandelic Acid is an effective 5-Alpha Reductase inhibitor. 5-Alpha Reductase is an enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT (dihydrotestosterone), a more potent testosterone derivative that promotes sebaceous gland activity. As the sebaceous glands become more active, sebum and acne lesions may increase.
- Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation
- Problematic skin
- Inflamed Breakouts
- Increase cell-turnover
- Prevent new breakouts
- Reduce fine lines + wrinkles
- Even skin tone
- Brighten skin
- Reduce inflamed breakouts
- Reduce post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
- Moderately exfoliating
- L-Mandelic Acid (11%): an alpha hydroxy acid derived from almonds with reported benefit in treating acne and hyperpigmentation. This chirally-correct, L-Mandelic Acid, has a larger molecular weight than other AHA’s which allows for a slower epidermal penetration, resulting in a more even exfoliation with less irritation
- Lactic Acid: An Alpha Hydroxy Acid that helps reduce acne breakouts and signs of aging, like wrinkles. It helps lighten and brighten the skin for those with any skin discolorations, and is commonly used to exfoliate the skin by encouraging the shedding of dead skin cells. Lactic acid formulations are derived from beets.
- Sodium Hyaluronate: holds 1000x its weight in water and naturally occurs in the dermis as a glycosaminoglycan component. Controls the physical & biochemical aspect of the epidermal cells. Regulates water content, elasticity, suppleness and distribution of nutrients.
- Niacinamide (Vitamin B3): a water-soluble conditioning agent that is a derivative of niacin. It’s used as a skin stimulant and skin smoother. Also known to help with the recovery of rough, dry, or flaky skin. By increasing the ceramides found in our skin, vitamin B3 improves the skin’s suppleness. Naturally derived from non-GMO brown rice.
- Hamamelis Virginiana Leaf Extract: Witch hazel extract is distilled from the twigs and bark of the small, deciduous Witch Hazel tree native to eastern North America. Native Americans first recognized that this odorless, clear liquid has anti-inflammatory and astringent properties. The extract can help shrink swollen tissue and tighten pores, making this ingredient ideal to gently heal acne and blemishes.
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract: Derived from the glycyrrhiza glabra plant, licorice has long been prized in Japan due to its medicinal properties and health benefits. Scientists more recently discovered that licorice root extract is an emulsifier, which allows both water and oil-based ingredients to mix effectively. Licorice root extract is a natural tyrosinase inhibitor. It has a component called glabridin that plays a vital role in inhibiting tyrosinase activity and therefore provides skin brightening effects. It can also reduce pigmentation induced by UVB, brighten the skin, calm inflammation, and soften the skin.
- Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract: Green tea extract is derived from the leaves of a wild herbaceous shrub grown in East Asia. The tinted green liquid is full of antioxidants that help to detoxify the skin to rid the body of free radicals. This makes the ingredient highly effective at reducing signs of aging, wrinkles, and sagging skin. The catechins found in green tea extract act as a very strong antioxidant that can even help lower the risk of cancer and heart disease.
Shake well. Skin should always be clean and free of irritation before applying. After cleansing and toning, apply as directed by your skin care professional. For day use, always follow application with a sunscreen. Not for external use.